Mission Estate was established in 1851, is New Zealand’s oldest winery and the birthplace of New Zealand wine…we produce seriously beautiful wines.
There can be few places associated with the development of New Zealand wine that has such unique historical significance as Mission Estate Winery.
Housed in an elegantly restored historic seminary building with sweeping views of Napier, Mission Estate offers visitors a complete wine experience with wine tasting in our cellar door and dinner or lunch at our award-winning restaurant.
Mission Restaurant is well known as one of the top restaurants in Hawke’s Bay. Open daily from 10am offering intimate indoor or stunning al fresco dining. View the current lunch and dinner menus utilising exquisite local produce.
- International Wine Challenge Trophy 2016.
- International Wine Challenge Gold 2016.
- Royal Easter Show Gold & Trophy 2016 & 2017.
- Air NZ Wine Awards Trophy 2015 & 2016.
- Air NZ Wine Awards Gold 2015 & 2016.
- NZ International Wine Comp Gold 2015.
- China Wine & Spirits Awards Dbl Gold 2014/15/16.
- China Wine & Spirits Awards Gold 2015/16.
- New World Wine Awards Gold 2015/16
- Sydney Int Wine Comp Gold 2014.