Ski the Rainbow… a spectacular alpine experience!
It ONLY happens once a year, so don’t miss out. Anything to do with snow, there’s a good chance we’ll have it, skis, boots, jackets and pants etc.
The Southern Alps of the South Island are host to a number of superb ski resorts. One of the most beautiful and best value is Rainbow Ski Area near St Arnaud, high in the north of this great mountain chain within the world famous Nelson/Marlborough lifestyle region.
Reaching a height of over 1760 metres, Rainbow captures regular winter snow, complemented by extensive snow making, all superbly groomed to create a stunning winter playground.
The wide uncrowded slopes and well groomed trails provide superb terrain for beginners and intermediates while advanced skiers can challenge themselves in the high powder runs and chutes.
Snowboarders love the varied terrain, jumps, bumps and drops. A terrain park has been developed, offering more thrills & spills for adventurous boarders and skiers.
Day passes, half day passes, full packages including a pass, gear and a lesson, rental gear, toboggans, snow shop gear, group & private lessons and much more!
Winner of Small Ski Area Service Award.
- Cafe – serving food, cold and hot drinks, espresso coffee.
- Rental – Full Ski & Snowboarding equipment and clothing.
- Ski repair and maintenance service.
- Shop for accessories, clothing and rainbow branded souvenirs.
- First aid and emergency services.
- International Ski & Snowboard school.
- Snow-making facilities (7 SMI Snow-guns & 2 Techno Alpin Snow-guns) in the base area, learners, intermediate slopes and to the top of the T-Bar.
- Two Kassbohrer Pisten Bully snow groomers.
$20 to $80