WE DON’T PROMISE THE BEST CRUISE ON THE LAKE – WE DELIVER IT!
Imagine sailing Taupo aboard a classic sailing yacht – NZ’s only two commercially operated electric yachts and floating cinema!
Join the locals on a unique 2.5 hour Lake Taupo cruise to the extraordinary 14-meter high Mine Bay Maori Rock Carvings. Sailing Taupo’s beautiful bays, Sail Barbary’s two electric yachts offer the perfect mix of relaxation, fun and adventure at an awesome price. Soak up the sun or roll up your sleeves; you can take the wheel, help hoist the sails or just sit back and enjoy the view. Sail Barbary is nothing like your run-of-the-mill Lake Taupo cruise; our eco-friendly yachts offers year-round water activities the Kiwi way. Decide which sailing cruise you like best and secure your spot for Sail Barbary’s next Taupo sailing.
Barbary’s Boat Cruise Highlights
- Top-rated things to do in Taupo on TripAdvisor
- Two beautifully refurbished classic white yachts
- Experience sailing Taupo at its best (and quietest!) on NZ’s only two commercially operated electric yachts
- Qualmark Endorsed Visitor Activity & Enviro Silver Award
- B.Y.O. (Bring Your Own) for food & beverages
- Sailing to the iconic Maori Rock Carvings since 1983
- Your experienced guides will explain the rich culture and history of the Ngati Tuwharetoa people (Taupo’s local Maori tribe)
- Learn the 800year cultural significance of the Mine Bay Maori Rock Carvings
- One of the best eco-friendly things to do in Taupo – no fumes, no noise, no pollution
- Unique Kiwi boat cruise at awesome prices
- NZ’s only floating cinema – BIG SCREEN on board entertainment
- Fun in any season (warm ponchos available)
You can even make one, or both, of our two eco-sailing yachts your own for the day or evening. Check out our unique options for classic boat hire Taupo.